Insert Movie with Closed Captions
ProTools Movie Captions allows you to insert movies with closed captions
on PowerPoint slides. The movies are played through
Media Player. A SAMI file corresponding to the movie file provides the
closed caption information.
The following step-by-step instructions show
how to insert movies with closed captions on PowerPoint slides.
- In a PowerPoint presentation, create a blank slide on which you want
the movie to be inserted.
- In PowerPoint 2007 and later versions, select Insert tab, Movie command
from the Tools group.
In PowerPoint 2003 and previous versions, select ProTools | Insert Movie with
Closed Captions... menu item.
- Provide the movie file in the Movie Filename box. You can use
the button beside the box
to select a movie file.
- Provide the SAMI file (caption file) in the SAMI Filename
box. As in the previous step, you can use the
button beside the box to
select the SAMI file.
- Select the Background color.
- Select the Movie size and Caption size.
- Select the layout of the movie and its captions. Usually, the
captions are placed at the bottom of the movie.
- Click OK button.
OfficeOne ProTools Movie Captions will insert ActiveX control on the
slide that will play the movie with its captions. When the slide show is
run, ProTools will instruct the ActiveX control to show the movie based on
the parameters that were set above.
If you want to modify the parameters that were set above, do the
- Stay on the slide that has the ProTools inserted ActiveX control.
- Select ProTools | Insert Movie with Closed Captions...
- You will get a dialog box that will have the parameters that were
set earlier. You can modify the parameters and click OK button to
replace the parameters for the movie.